Completed Tagteam Cycling Routes



WHERE WE HAVE BEEN. The colored lines on this map represent where we have tagteam cycled since 1 Aug 2015. BLUE lines = 2015, YELLOW lines = 2016, RED lines = 2017. We will continue to update this map as we complete additional route segments (we are not done yet!).

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Facebook

Having further optimized our  van and camper configuration for our ongoing tagteaming adventure, and with some time to kill until we begin traveling again in April, we've decided to put some effort into maintaining a Facebook presence.  Primarily we will do that through posting our blogspot posts to Facebook.  I don't pretend to understand Facebook, but we are hoping that, if needed, our nieces can help us muddle through when we see them again in Oviedo, and hope that we may even develop some degree of expertise before we start riding up the East Coast later this spring.

While I've had a Facebook account for some time now, I rarely have logged on to check it out.  So I was a bit surprised today to see all the well wishes from our Miata Club friends and former co-workers back in Boise (I knew they wished us well, I just hadn't realized that they had actually done that through Facebook).  Needless to say, I realize now that we have been missing a lot by not having them in our lives every day.

Being on Facebook should make it easier for folks to keep track of our adventures as we post about them on our blog.  And we are hoping it will likely make it easier for some long lost friends to reconnect as we venture into their neck of the woods.  Or even for friends to rendezvous with us so that we can share some memories by spending some time together on the road.

We were fortunate early this month, when one my impromptu travel companions from my 1985 cross country bicycle trip contacted me.  We are greatly looking forward to seeing him again in June and meeting his family for the first time.  Likewise, I was able to track down another such companion from my 1986 travels in Europe and look forward to passing his way in May and hearing about how his travels went after we parted company and learning a bit about the success that he has derived from his cycling experiences.

We'll likely limit checking Facebook to the times when we have access to free wifi, as we routinely exceed our monthly data plan as it is.  As such, we are far more likely to see and respond to messages than to comments.  But we'll try our best to keep up with things as time allows.  

UPDATE 28 Jan 2016:  I've linked my Facebook  page in this post, and added a link in the column to the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment