Completed Tagteam Cycling Routes



WHERE WE HAVE BEEN. The colored lines on this map represent where we have tagteam cycled since 1 Aug 2015. BLUE lines = 2015, YELLOW lines = 2016, RED lines = 2017. We will continue to update this map as we complete additional route segments (we are not done yet!).

Monday, May 23, 2016

Day 57: Austin F. Hawes Campground, CT

The weather has changed.  It was a bit cooler and we had light rain off and on through early afternoon yesterday.  Despite more than half of my 37 miles being in the rain, it was quite comfortable.  The rain kept me cool on the ascents, and the body heat and wind generated on the descents kept me reasonably dry.

Probably one of the nicest directional signs that we've ever seen...
We passed into Connecticut almost immediately today.  The roads have all been wider, and many have wide shoulders as well.  Since it was Sunday, there wasn't a lot of traffic to deal with.  The areas that we rode through we very scenic.


I tend to think a lot on road, which is what leads me to miss turns.  I missed a couple on this route, both of which required me to backtrack.  It likely about 5 miles to the day's mileage.

What had my brain firing so much were Jack Turner's unsolicited comments about why my warmshowers.org account had been deleted.  I'll blog about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment