Completed Tagteam Cycling Routes



WHERE WE HAVE BEEN. The colored lines on this map represent where we have tagteam cycled since 1 Aug 2015. BLUE lines = 2015, YELLOW lines = 2016, RED lines = 2017. We will continue to update this map as we complete additional route segments (we are not done yet!).

Monday, September 19, 2016

Day 176: Cagle Recreation Area, TX

The love bugs seem to be gone, but the humidity has increased.  I was dripping sweat almost from the instant I got on my bike.  I only rode 33 miles, but after we stopped and I sat down briefly on the comforter in our cabin I left a very wet butt print behind.  My clothes were soaked through with sweat.

It may be hard to see, but sweat is beading up all over me...
We camped at Cagle Recreation Area ($27, power, water, push button showers), mainly for its proximity to Conroe, TX.  That happens to be the location of the last Aldi store along our route until we reach the Imperial Valley in California in about 7 weeks time.  So we loaded up on some smaller items that save us a significant amount over Walmart prices.

On our return to the campground, at one point our car thermometer showed that it was 99 degrees out.  It was a bit cooler at the campground, but not a sole was outside.  Everyone was inside, hunkered down by the air conditioner, so we did likewise.  

I commented earlier about some super smooth asphalt that we've encountered here in Texas.  The stuff is awesome, though we only encounter it perhaps 15% of the time.  It seems to be composed of a very fine aggregate and is very light gray in color - we've come to refer to it as white asphalt.  You could ride on this stuff all day long and not get tired or sore.

"White Asphalt"

No comments:

Post a Comment